Monday 23 August 2010

Slams Mor Festivals Paul Weller


Paul Weller reckons festivals have become ''middle of the road" and too media orientated.

As the Modfather the veteran singer and guitarist known affectionately - at festivals has played across the world for decades with The Jam, The Style Council and as a solo artist, but reckons overall festivals ar starting to become too media friendly.

At the Virgin Media speaking V Festival, he told Absolute Radio: "I can't remember the right expression actually, but it's become more middle of the road.

"Around TV and radio its more built - not that I'm trying to bite the hand that feeds me - but it's quite true.

"I mean, I can only compare it to like when you talk about '96 or when we did Glastonbury in '94, when you could stretch out and you could jam on tunes and people were up for that, and now it's a little bit more geared towards the greatest hits I think."

Paul said there has also been some practices by audiences creeping in that he certainly doesn't welcome, namely hurling certain objects at the stage.

He added: "I think that's a fairly new sort of phenomenon really - the chucking of the p**s. I personally wouldn't recommend it.

"But I've been hit by things onstage many times."

'Wake Up The Nation' Paul Weller's latest album is out now

No comments:

Post a Comment